You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I got an email saying there is an update.

But how do I do this please?

I followed the link and it says it is done automatically if I purchased from Mac App Store but it didn't update. I went to the App Store and nothing there.

Then I see this:

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store—each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option Check for Updates.

But nothing in the menu (but I'm not sure what is meant by main menu???? Is this it?

Nothing there about updates

1129912795_Screenshot2020-02-29at19_56_47.png.a20e08e9cce3af25fc7e4bc92eb73d2b.png

That is indeed the main menu. If you click About... you'll get a splash screen indicating which version of Photo you're running, below the word "Photo":

1711273850_Screenshot2020-02-29at20_41_04.png.fae4bdf19c134c22ceed5d2598df5d78.png

The most recent commercial release is 1.8.1.

Your main menu doesn't include a "Check for updates" menu item, which suggests to me that you bought the original from the Mac AppStore.

If you launch the Mac AppStore and search for Affinity Photo, you'll find this page:

845926522_Screenshot2020-02-29at20_43_14.thumb.png.5edcad4c452559d0aa0f7741b3f896f2.png

If the button in the top right says "Update", then click it to update. If it says "Open", then the AppStore thinks you're already up to date.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

21 minutes ago, h_d said:

the button in the top right says "Update", then click it to update. If it says "Open", then the AppStore thinks you're already up to date.

Normally 100% true; however, I had to go to the description page, only then did OPEN change to UPDATE.  Many have posted that macOS failed to identify the update was available.  My preferences, MAS to Auto Update.  I never had this problem when Pages or other downloads were available.  The same occurred for 1.8.1.  Don’t know if MAS or Affinity problem.  The forum News release alerted me that 1.8.0 was available.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

4 hours ago, TomJKT said:

No update available, no "open", no "update" in the store's description.

It was showing the update to 1.8.1. But it was showing the purchase price ( Rp 739ribu, which I believe is 739 thousand rupees?) instead of "Update." That usually means the store has not recognized your Apple ID or you purchased the app using a different Apple ID than the one you are signed in with.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 3/2/2020 at 7:10 AM, R C-R said:

It was showing the update to 1.8.1. But it was showing the purchase price ( Rp 739ribu, which I believe is 739 thousand rupees?) instead of "Update." That usually means the store has not recognized your Apple ID or you purchased the app using a different Apple ID than the one you are signed in with.

True - it might happen, when you're in the 'wrong' App store or you're not logged in. However this happens as well, when I switch to another App store (the one I'm showing is the Indonesian one). So to me it seems there is a glitch in how all my App stores do not recognize the program or the fact that an update is available. As I mentioned earlier, I went to my purchases in the Indonesian App store and re-installed the program, which solved my problem.