You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Filter Forge 3

I have the Filter Forge plugin which is available in Photoshop. I notice that there is a menu item for it in Affinity but it is greyed out.

I added the parent folder containing the plugin file and restarted but it is still greyed out. Any hints?

I have the Filter Forge plugin which is available in Photoshop. I notice that there is a menu item for it in Affinity but it is greyed out.

I added the parent folder containing the plugin file and restarted but it is still greyed out. Any hints?

Have you also added the Plugin Support Folder entry in that same dialog box (second set of entries in the windows)?

Have you also added the Plugin Support Folder entry in that same dialog box (second set of entries in the windows)?

Sorry - I can see that box but have no idea what to put in there. I checked the help which describes opening the Library folder but then the description bears no relationship to what I see on my screen.

• Staff

Hi marble51,

The Using plugins help topic is saying click Add Folder, press shift+cmd+G to bring up the Go to the folder input box, type '/', then Go then OK. Then restart app.

Not sure where you read about opening the Library folder but could you verify if possible as you may be reading some out of date info which needs to be zapped. Maybe let me know in response?

Incidentally, if your plug-in name in Filters menu is greyed out it may indicate that you haven't got a pixel layer selected, but instead a mask, adjustment, live filter, shape, curve or text layer was selected. Might be worth looking at?

Regards

Andy Capstick

Affinity Documentation 

Hi marble51,

The Using plugins help topic is saying click Add Folder, press shift+cmd+G to bring up the Go to the folder input box, type '/', then Go then OK. Then restart app.

Not sure where you read about opening the Library folder but could you verify if possible as you may be reading some out of date info which needs to be zapped. Maybe let me know in response?

Incidentally, if your plug-in name in Filters menu is greyed out it may indicate that you haven't got a pixel layer selected, but instead a mask, adjustment, live filter, shape, curve or text layer was selected. Might be worth looking at?

Regards

Andy Capstick

Affinity Documentation 

Hi.

Shift+CMD+G does bring up the Library folder. Perhaps that is default on my Mac when I use "Go". But surely / is the root directory, not a Plugin Support folder?

I didn't have an image in the window at all - I was just looking through the plugins and noticed Filter Forge and thought - that's handy, I have Filter Forge 3.

( sorry, is Google translator-english)  

Again the plugins folder general: In AP 1.3.4 there on the page where you select the plugins folder a menu item - plugins folder in the Finder open. Then a menu with the following content appears (s. Screenshot or User>Library>Container>com.seriflabs.affinityphoto>Data>Library>Application Support>Plugins) the last plugins folder but empty... is that right???

Joachim

post-5756-0-06555500-1437132505_thumb.png

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

When you click the name of the Plug-in in the menu Filter Forge 5... it should run the plug-in (you must have a document opened).

Are you sure you have the Plug-in configuration exactly like I have shown in the screenshot above and that you have installed the plugin in its default location (inside the Applications folder)?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.