Jeremy Bohn

Image Scaling Properties changed window behaviour

In the 1.8 beta, this window now behaves differently and it's annoying:

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 5.22.39 PM.png

Now you have to click Done or Cancel to get rid of it. Previously, you just had to click one of the 4 above options and the window would then close. Now it's a 2 step process where before it was 1.

I prefer it with having to click Done. I usually need to see the effect of choosing the option. If it were to go away automatically then it would be an even longer process (click a button, dislike the results, click Properties again, click another button, etc.)

This way (as it works in 1.7), I can see the effects and choose a different option immediately it needed, without having to reinvoke the entire dialog.

I would rather this were a popup without the buttons, and would stay open until you clicked outside of it, similarly to the popups for changing stroke attributes and the like from the context toolbar.

For me, I know what each button does because it's written next to the button along with a thumbnail. I don't need to experiment - I know what I need. Plus really that window acts as if it's a menu and not a window so I'd expect a "menu" to disappear once I chose a command.

I guess since it closes automatically when you click outside that window, that's a good compromise. I just have to get used to it.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:37 AM, Gabe said:

either press Done or click outside of the pop-up

This is a really bad UI design.

Suggest renaming the "Cancel" button to "Revert" and eliminating the "Done" button.

Also, "Done" is not a verb and should not be the name of any button regardless.