Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't think your video uploaded properly, @yelloview.

Can you try again?


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.532 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.532 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.535 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed on Windows 10 Home 1909, Designer 1.7.3.481.

Turning the crop OFF via the Layers Panel restores both the shape and the colour/tint/opacity (whatever it’s doing).
Setting the opacity of the original layer, while it’s cropped, to less than 100%, and then turning the cropping OFF also changes the colour/tint/opacity (or whatever) in the ‘other direction’.
The Opacity setting value in the Layers Panel does not change either way.

I’ve only checked with an ellipse of one colour and an image but the behaviour seems consistent between these. Other layer types have not been tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Confirmed on Windows 10 Home 1909, Designer 1.7.3.481.

Turning the crop OFF via the Layers Panel restores both the shape and the colour/tint/opacity (whatever it’s doing).
Setting the opacity of the original layer, while it’s cropped, to less than 100%, and then turning the cropping OFF also changes the colour/tint/opacity (or whatever) in the ‘other direction’.
The Opacity setting value in the Layers Panel does not change either way.

I’ve only checked with an ellipse of one colour and an image but the behaviour seems consistent between these. Other layer types have not been tested.

So what can I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I can’t think of a remedy at the moment.
It’s not something I would expect it to do – I can’t see anything in the Help about it – but I don’t know why it’s doing what it’s doing.
There may be a good reason for some particular workflow(s) but I don’t think it’s what most people would expect.
If it’s a bug there may be no easy remedy until it’s fixed, but we need to know if it is a bug, or expected behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi yelloview,

Was the object that you were cropping already less than 100% before applying the crop? There is a known issue that using Vector Crop on a transparent layer will increase transparency further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi yelloview,

Was the object that you were cropping already less than 100% before applying the crop? There is a known issue that using Vector Crop on a transparent layer will increase transparency further.

Yes it was already less than 100%

So how do it right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yelloview said:

Yes it was already less than 100%

So how do it right?

Unfortunately you will have to work around the issue. You can do this either by putting the object(s) in a group, and applying the vector crop to the group. This stops the transparency being doubled up on the object. 

Alternatively you could just modify the transparency back to something that is closer to what you want to achieve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.