You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Has any one had problems with the huion tablet working with affinity photo, the reason I am asking is I cannot get the pen to work with affinity photo although all indications show the tablet is connected and the small light at the top of the tablet lights up when the pen is hovered above the tablet suggesting that the pen is recognised.

I have open Huion Support Case filed with this tablet.  The problems, for me, the firmware update was Windows only download and macOS beta driver. As my OS is macOS Catalina, I had to update firmware using Windows PC (which I don’t own) as recommended by Huion support email.  My main compliant, this is listed as fully functional for macOS.  Pen pressure will work; however, zero tilt with brushes that support tilt.  This occurs in AP and Painter 2019.  Absolutely no reasonable response from Huion to verify their macOS beta driver as the fault.  

Huion Amazon page clearly states this is Mac supported.  Go to Amazon, Recent Reviews, and read posts, if you want to see review.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

@benrymnd

I have this tablet running without problem under Win 10 Pro (1909) so, as @Cecil seems to imply, this may be a MAC-only problem.  What OS do you use?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

34 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

@benrymnd

I have this tablet running without problem under Win 10 Pro (1909) so, as @Cecil seems to imply, this may be a MAC-only problem.  What OS do you use?

Jeff

I do think this tablet was/is Windows and Android build.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

4 hours ago, benrymnd said:

Has any one had problems with the huion tablet working with affinity photo, the reason I am asking is I cannot get the pen to work with affinity photo although all indications show the tablet is connected and the small light at the top of the tablet lights up when the pen is hovered above the tablet suggesting that the pen is recognised. 

I use a Huion H1060P tablet without  problems in Affinity Photo.

Try the following when using Windows:
Download the latest driver from Huion (here the Link)
uninstall the old driver
don´t connect the graphics tablet
install the new driver with administration rights (possibly deactivate the virus scanner for the time of installation)
connect the tablet to the computer again, he pen should now works.
I hope it helps.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)