You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing Spread feature within document

I'm creating a document that requires some pages to be single, and some to be in Spread format. I've tried via the Spread Manager but it appears the spread function choice applies to the whole document. Is there a way to select certain pages to be in spread format and others to be single?

• Staff

Hi Smart HR,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately this is a document wide setting, which cannot be changed for certain pages/spreads only. I'll move this thread to our Feedback section for our developers to see and consider!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I have trouble imagining what is the use of that feature as in the press you have the handle printed matter either as pages or as spreads. Usually that means choose pages.

Can you get around this pages/spreads issue by simply using different size pages? E.g. page one A4 portrait, page two A3 landscape, etc. Of course this gets complicated is you also want to use facing pages.

My document is 2 8.5 x 11 pages (A4) facing, but I have a number of pages that are single side. The Table of Contents for instance, is a single sided page as is the Welcome page. I wonder if I could get around it by leaving one side of the spread blank?

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Much appreciated. I am very excited about moving away from the cost of running InDesign to Affinity. From what I've seen in the tutorials it's much easier to use and has many cool functions that are easier to access.

It's a printed document. I want the first three pages and the last page to be single (the Cover, Table of Contents, Welcome page and back cover). Starting on Page 4 I want the rest of the document in a side by side spread. The only way I can think of doing this is to leave the left side of the spread blank on those single pages.

Take a couple of pieces of paper and fold them in half so you have an eight page document. Write on them the page numbers and then mark the ones you want (the Cover, Table of Contents, Welcome page and back cover). You'll see that there are going to be blank pages and you need them in your Publisher document.

Edited to add The Cover is page 1 and the back cover is page 8

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.