preahkumpii

on-the-fly font updates when new fonts are added

With all of the free fonts out there, I would love to see Affinity immediately recognize new fonts are installed while the program was running without having to restart the app. Right now, I have to save my work, quit the app, then restart it to recognize new fonts that I install.

Thanks.

Maybe this is not perfect but at least a sort of workaround.

You can go to preferences and select reset fonts. The name is confusing but what it does seem to be reloading the fonts.

....Hope this helps!

I agree with this. PagePlus started recognising new fonts on the fly several iterations ago and it's a great help. I think if Affinity wants to compete for pro status this will be a necessary update.

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

PagePlus started recognising new fonts on the fly several iterations ago and it's a great help.

Having stumbled across this old thread, I thought it worth pointing out that none of Serif's 'Plus' applications can see newly installed fonts until you close the application and restart it; there was a font manager which could be integrated with some versions of PagePlus, allowing loading (i.e. temporary installation) of fonts needed by the current document, but that isn't quite the same as native functionality. Version 1.5 of the Affinity apps, on the other hand, refreshes the font cache whenever you install or uninstall any fonts.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

It's working here, too, but this thread was started eighteen months ago and then woken up again a year later, before version 1.5 became available. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)