You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

on-the-fly font updates when new fonts are added

With all of the free fonts out there, I would love to see Affinity immediately recognize new fonts are installed while the program was running without having to restart the app. Right now, I have to save my work, quit the app, then restart it to recognize new fonts that I install.

Thanks.

• 11 months later...

I agree with this. PagePlus started recognising new fonts on the fly several iterations ago and it's a great help. I think if Affinity wants to compete for pro status this will be a necessary update.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• 6 months later...

PagePlus started recognising new fonts on the fly several iterations ago and it's a great help.

Having stumbled across this old thread, I thought it worth pointing out that none of Serif's 'Plus' applications can see newly installed fonts until you close the application and restart it; there was a font manager which could be integrated with some versions of PagePlus, allowing loading (i.e. temporary installation) of fonts needed by the current document, but that isn't quite the same as native functionality. Version 1.5 of the Affinity apps, on the other hand, refreshes the font cache whenever you install or uninstall any fonts.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It's working here, too, but this thread was started eighteen months ago and then woken up again a year later, before version 1.5 became available. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)