You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Are we ever likely to get guides snapping to nodes?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Has it been requested as a feature in the Feature Requests forum? From a quick search I don't see any requests for it, but I may have missed them.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Guides won't snap yet, but clicking on a node gives you their co-ordinates in the transform panel so you can place a guide accurately at a node location, I know it's not ideal but it's the best I can think of at the mo.

Still testing but a far right, left, top or bottom node will allow a guide to snap, this depends on whether it's a vertical or horizontal extremity node, it's the mid nodes, those nodes that are neither vertically or horizontally extreme nodes, those are reluctant participants but you can use the guides manager to get accurate guides placements in those instances.

There is a very time consuming game you can also play which is how accurately you can place the guide in relation to the node co-ordinates, it's fun for all the family. :D

Screen-Shot-2019-10-20-at-14-29-11.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

It should be in the requested features list because I requested it a long time ago. However I will check my own posting list - if it goes back that far!

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

How do I look back over all my postings? I know how to check all my attachments but not the actul comments I made.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

5 minutes ago, jackamus said:

How do I look back over all my postings? I know how to check all my attachments but not the actul comments I made.

Click on your name or avatar next to a post, then in the black bar click on "See their activity". You should get to this listing: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/profile/608-jackamus/content/

Or, if you try hard enough you can figure out how to do a Search for posts you've made that contain certain terms, but I'll have to rediscover how to do that again before I can tell you.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Or, if you try hard enough you can figure out how to do a Search for posts you've made that contain certain terms, but I'll have to rediscover how to do that again before I can tell you.

When you do a search, you get a ‘More search options’ link below the search terms. Clicking on that link reveals options to ‘Search By Tags’ and ‘Search By Author’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

When you do a search, you get a ‘More search options’ link below the search terms. Clicking on that link reveals options to ‘Search By Tags’ and ‘Search By Author’.

Where exactly would I be searching to get that option?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

5 hours ago, jackamus said:

Where exactly would I be searching to get that option?

Via the search box near the top right-hand corner of any forum page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)