Jump to content
Jens Krebs

Can you make Studio Link compatible to the release version?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

can you consider to make future betas compatible to Studiolink with the release versions, please?
The current 1.7.3 beta fixed some nasty bugs, but I got used to StudioLink and as there are no Photo and Designer betas yet, it's tough to move to the beta (even though you recommend using it in preference to the release version).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jens Krebs said:

even though you recommend using it in preference to the release version

I believe that was a one-time recommendation due to some rather serious issues with the initial released version when 1.7 came out.

 

I do see that @Patrick Connor, on his thread over on the bugs forum, did make a similar statement again:

Quote

We recommend that you test this beta in preference to the store version, particularly if you are affected by any of the issues listed.

 

While I am not 100% certain of my reading, I would emphasize the word "test" in that statement - I suspect the intention is that people who are still trying Publisher out to see if it meets their needs would fall into that recommendation.  I am not reading that as a suggestion that a beta should be used for production/paid work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No we will not make the StudioLink activate in a Publisher beta without the equivalent version Designer beta or Photo beta installed. This is because it would expose the Photo and Designer functionality as it was on the day that Publisher was built, and it could be that Designer and Photo may not be "customer ready" when Publisher was built. So we have decided not to make the Publisher beta StudioLink options enabled by anything other than a beta build. Sorry if that creates dilemmas as to which build to use, but it has been made consciously.

 


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

No we will not make the StudioLink activate in a Publisher beta

It's unreasonable to expect a beta version of the software to behave like a release version.

Whoever decides to test it uses it at his/her own risk and should be aware of its limitations.

It's for testing purposes only unless otherwise stated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.