You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Download Error

Having trouble getting an update for my Designer program. It starts and then gives and error message. I have an 2013 iMac with 2.7 GHz with 8 GB desktop running OS Mojave. What could be the trouble? Is there another way to get the update; I am clicking on the link in the program when it starts up.

I see that you posted about updating difficulties a couple of months ago, but you didn’t respond to @MEB’s questions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Not to worry BobNauj, we can assist here for you.

What error message are you seeing when trying to download?

Have you purchased Designer from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store?

Are you using any software that may be blocking the web connection like Little Snitch or similar?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I'm having trouble updating Designer on my 2015 MacBook Pro running Mojave. I've tried downloading the update numerous times, but when it gets to around 92.0 MB in the download process, I get the error message "Update error! An error occurred while downloading the update. Please try again later." Suggestions for what to do next are appreciated.

• Staff

Hi mtstx,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm sorry to hear this, could you please confirm the following;

On 9/20/2019 at 11:32 AM, Dan C said:

Have you purchased Designer from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store?

Are you using any software that may be blocking the web connection like Little Snitch or similar?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I purchased Designer from the Affinity Store and am not running Little Snitch or similar programs on my Macbook. Just tried downloading the update again to see if there was any change but got the same error message as before.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know :)

Please try downloading the latest version from the following link -

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1/

If you're still having issues downloading this file please try using a different internet browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox. I hope this helps!

Please note -

Many thanks!

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm now getting the same error message when trying to download the update for Publisher. Is it possible for you to send me a link to download the update directly from your store (I purchased it from Serif's site)?

Thanks, again.

• Staff

No problem at all, sorry to hear you're still seeing this error!

You can find Publisher downloads for Mac here -

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1/

Please note -

Many thanks!