You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make previous versions available for download please

Dear Affinity

I'd really like to have the option to download previous versions of any of your software. Right now all I can do is download the current version of your software, but as the current version of e.g. Photo has a bug on importing brushes, it's completely useless to me and I'd like to be able to download previous versions for this. Or test the software better, but I know that's hard ;)

It would also make sense to add a "don't show until next version"-checkbox to the dialog box that informs me about a new update. This way I at least would be notified if the buggy version has a new version available. I'm not that good in remembering version numbers.

Thanks a lot!

All the best,

Oli

39 minutes ago, oliiix said:

I'd really like to have the option to download previous versions of any of your software.

I recommend to keep a couple of install files on your hard drive until you are sure you won't need them anymore.

To offer different versions online may cause confusion and may cause more support requests.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Dominik I only looked at it  from my perspective :) This really could lead to more confusion/supp requests, never knew,but you could name the link to previous versions "Previous versions" =) Yes I normally have some older setup files but had removed them stupidly at the wrong  moment  =)

I bought them directly from affinitys website. Sorry for this late reply :)

And  what I thought is going to happen which is my fault as  well, I forgot the brush-bugged version number. Was it 1.7.2 or  is it the currently available 1.7.3?^^ Ye I just  wait for 1.7.4 or later  :D