Darek K

mask padlock - how to unchain mask and layer

Hello.

Now I am user of AP 1.71.

As You can seen on screenshot on the left side (from drippy cat movie) there is a padlock when I  can click and unchain two layers (base layer and layer-mask).

On the right side there is a mask but without padlock.

Is this a bug or there is other way to unchain mask and layer ?

Darek K

Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-11 17.41.32.png

The padlock icon allows you to unlock the layer so that it is no longer protected against being transformed (i.e. moved, rotated or resized). To release a mask, either left-click on the thumbnail — not on the ‘(Mask)’ label to the right — and drag the mask up or down, or right-click and choose the ‘Release Mask’ option on the context menu.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

But I wish the mask stays on the same position as is, but to do transform e.g. sky without moving mask.

Let's jump to Photoshop.

Between layer and mask is a chain icon (first screenshot).

When it is active when moving layer - mask moves accordingly (second screenshot)  .

When it is inactive when I move layer - mask stays on the same place as before (third).

Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-11 19.11.22.png

Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-11 19.04.45.png

Zrzut ekranu 2019-09-11 19.05.01.png

Yeah, but what's the problem here? In Affinity Photo, do right-click > Release Mask, transform the parent layer as you like and then right click > Mask to Below to put the mask layer back where it was. Granted, this changes the position of the mask layer, but only temporary.

MEB - yes, yes, yes, yeees, Thank You

kaffeeundsaltz - really Thank You too, but imagine :

- You have very large sky on top of all layers, temporary without mask (is released)

- below You have background, it is much smaller

- You move this sky but You don't see background, You don't know better is to the left or to the right - because sky without mask covers whole layer below

Greetings.

Darek K