CDeal

Teeny-tiny document names

The "tabs" at the top of the screen -- the ones that give the names of all open documents — are way too small for aging eyes. Usually I can manage to read them, but today there is backlighting. It made reading them so difficult I had to get out a magnifying glass! Yes, a magnifying glass!!

Also, it would be helpful if the name of the document in use would activate a pull-down menu with the file hierarchy showing its location. 

9 minutes ago, CDeal said:

Also, it would be helpful if the name of the document in use would activate a pull-down menu with the file hierarchy showing its location. 

Interesting idea. In the meantime, in case you're not aware of it, there's a menu item under File that will open the document's folder in Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Windows). From there you should be able to see the folder hierarchy.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

The file hierarchy in the window title is a standard mac feature. The Affinity apps aren't using standard Mac windows, so you get the small font and the lack of the proxy icon / file hierarchy. For what it's worth, I agree that the font is too small and I'm only in my 40's. When I first started using the apps I couldn't believe how small the fonts were, was relieved when I saw the UI font setting, and disappointed that the "large" setting is still quite small. I think that setting should affect the document title font as well, and there should be at least one more larger font setting.