Hi

The paint brush tool works normally upon starting up Affinity Photo, but after executing actions such as changing the brush, color, or swapping to another tool and then back to the brush, the paint brush tool will often enter a state where it will allow me to draw only straight lines. The mouse itself it still able to move freely, but when attempting to draw even a simple curve, a straight line will be drawn instead, starting from where the mouse initially was and ending at where the mouse stopped.

So far, the only solution I have to this is to close the application and start it again, which can be quite troublesome considering this issue happens every 5 to 10 minutes. I've even updated the application to the latest 1.7.2 update,  but the same issue still happens.. I'm wondering if anyone is having the same issue? Or if there is any solution to this?

Thanks!!

affinity screenshot.jpg

This looks familiar......have a look at this thread it may help you....

APh & AD 1.7.1.445 + Beta AD 1.7.3.476 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.3.476
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.3.475

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.09.2(Adrenalin 2019, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

Hey Affinity Photo User,

We've seen this happen when changing app focus. Alt+Tab and turning Windows Ink off should work around this.

We currently recommend that you turn Windows Ink off however we are planning on getting Affinity to work correctly with Windows Ink in the near future.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:47 PM, Chris B said:

Hey Affinity Photo User,

We've seen this happen when changing app focus. Alt+Tab and turning Windows Ink off should work around this.

We currently recommend that you turn Windows Ink off however we are planning on getting Affinity to work correctly with Windows Ink in the near future.

Hi Chris B, 

Oh I see... I'll try this out!

Thanks for your reply! :)