Sign in to follow this  
nod74

Hyphenation for German Language does not work. (V1.7.2.471)

Hi,

do I miss something or is this a known Bug? The "hyphenation" for German does not work. If I fill the text box with English sample text and switch to English the "hyphenation" is working.

Do I need to download some language Packs for that? I have got the latest stable Version installed // 1.7.2.471

2019-08-19 15_05_54-Affinity Publisher.png

UI Designer from Germany

Currently switching from PS and Ai to Affinity Designer
@https://twitter.com/thecircularcale

I think the Minimal Score setting (which I assume is the Minimalwert) is going to be a frequent source of confusion. Unlike the other settings, which are set based on attributes whose values can be understood by the user because they are based on units like character count and distance in millimeters, the "score" is undefined from the perspective of the user. How is the user to know that the value should be between 0 and 1, especially since the stepper increases in units of 1? This score appears to be some value calculated internally, but its meaning is not clear to the user.

I think it would be better to use something more like a stepped slider of less hyphenation on one side to more hyphenation on the other, and let the app worry about its own internal values.