45 minutes ago, somnolentsurfer said:

Just started working with the Assets panel. Am I missing something obvious, or is there really no way to sort it at all?

I can drag Assets within an Asset subcategory to reorder them, and the hamburger menu for the Asset subcategory has a Move Up and Move Down action which will move the subcategory in relation to other subcategories of that category.

Other than that, I don't think theres any sorting capability.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.734 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.734 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.742 Beta.

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I can drag Assets within an Asset subcategory to reorder them, and the hamburger menu for the Asset subcategory has a Move Up and Move Down action which will move the subcategory in relation to other subcategories of that category.

Even dragging doesn't seem to do anything for me. If I drag an item between subcategories there's what looks like an insertion point, as though it would move the item into the new subcategory. But when I release the drag it just snaps back to where it was. Trying to drag to a new location within the same subcategory doesn't do anything. When I release it just snaps back to where it was. I've tried in both list and icon view, and I've restarted Publisher. No luck.

32 minutes ago, somnolentsurfer said:

Even dragging doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Yeah, on Mac I cannot reorder assets by dragging. @walt.farrell Can you confirm that you are able to reorder assets within a category by dragging on Windows? If it works there, then maybe an intended functionality on Mac is not working right.

2 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

Can you confirm that you are able to reorder assets within a category by dragging on Windows? If it works there, then maybe an intended functionality on Mac is not working right.

Assets are in subcategories, not in categories. And yes, I can drag them around within their subcategory on Windows to reorder them.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.734 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.734 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.742 Beta.

On further investigation, on Mac I seem to be able to position assets wherever I want in the panel if I drag them in from the document. If I create them from the hamburger menu they just go to the bottom of the list, and there's no way to reorder them once they're in.