You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Font Support

Hi there,

as I'm likely keen on collecting fonts, I somewhat regularly look for awesome ones and stumbled over Color Fonts (https://www.colorfonts.wtf/)

On the page, there is Affinity Designer listed as supporting svg-Color Fonts - which must be svg packed within otf, if I understood that right -, but anywhere else including this forums, I only found the whole Affinity Suite does not support this yet, but also found some users, that would appreciate having it supported. So am I, and as I didn't find a posting about, I opened this one - excuse me if this wasn't right.

I'm using Photo and Publisher at the moment, but would also buy Designer, just to get Color Font-Support ;-) I don't really make a lot of publications, but everytime I do, having color fonts supported would be fantastic.

Thanks, and so long,

sistra

I've tried in Designer, but the text is displayed in black. I haven't found any options or preference setting in AD that would enable this. What is interesting is that the font type selector displays the font in color, but when you actually use it it remains black.

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 19.02.27.png

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

sorry for my late answer, too much to do all the time...

@RNKLN

it's interesting, that you get the color font shown in the selector. I tried with the test version of AD (besides full versions of AP and AP (^^) ), and in none of the apps I see the fonts in color, neither in the selector. maybe it's beacuse of the OS, I'm using windows - win 10, which is said to be able to handle color fonts, and in a compatible browser color fonts really are displayed.

@Pšenda

it's not that I didn't find the request from February 2018 (!) in the forums.
but as one and a half years are gone since, I wanted to give it a try and ask whether something has changed and color fonts maybe are on the agenda now.
and also I wanted to show some interest in this. a function noone ever asked for surely will not be implemented, but... :$

9 hours ago, sistra said:

windows - win 10, which is said to be able to handle color fonts, and in a compatible browser color fonts really are displayed.

MacOS in my case. 

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions