You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Control-z is the universal "undo" keyboard shortcut for PC's.

It doesn't work in the new Publisher when you apply a rotate left or right to a selected vector object.

Yes, you can effectively undo it by right clicking on the object and select reset rotation, or rotate in the opposite direction,

but Control-z should also work.

ALSO, PLEASE make the topics SEARCH-ABLE !  It is a waste of time looking through 15+ pages of posts to find your issue.

I believe Right-Click & Rotate Left or Right rotates the canvas not a "selected vector object"

Which is only affecting your view of the document. It also creates no entry in the History Panel, hence no need for an Undo

It is the same as zooming in or out on a document, there is no Undo command for that either  

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 hours ago, wstewl said:

Yes, you can effectively undo it by right clicking on the object and select reset rotation, or rotate in the opposite direction,

Actually, since rotate left or right only rotates the view of the document, it doesn't matter if you right-click on an object or not -- you can even right-click on an empty area & rotate left, right, or reset still works.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you for the two replies.

I did see that the whole page rotates when I right click and chose a rotate command. That's why I wanted to undo that operation quickly with Ctrl-z.

I guess there are no commands for flip, or invert or rotate for an object.

I do know you can manually rotate a selected object with the mouse,  with or without fixed increments if you use the Ctrl key with the operation. Menu commands, or even buttons on the gui for flip, invert and rotate would be helpful. They exist in competitor's programs.Really handy.

10 minutes ago, wstewl said:

Menu commands, or even buttons on the gui for flip, invert and rotate would be helpful. 

In Affinity Designer & Affinity Publisher: Layer menu > Transform, or if it is not already there, add the Transform button group to the main toolbar.

In Affinity Photo: Arrange menu.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7