You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity on Desktop Questions (MAC and Windows)

I may lack the knowledge to select the correct forum; however, is it possible on Affinity Support & Questions to separate or identify Affinity Photo or other specific product post.  It seems, especially with the new release, I find most post of little interest as I do not own or use all Affinity products.  I guess, in a way, revamp the Desktop forum by product, targeting specific problems or questions to a product. Many thanks for outstanding product and friendly and superior knowledge provided in the forums.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• Staff

Hi Cecil :)

Thanks for your suggestion, this has been put forward by members of our staff here also, as we've spilt the Feature Requests, Bugs and Beta forums up into Application and device type, however as the Questions section encompasses all of the app, and many of it's behaviours, settings etc are shared between the three apps, we decided to keep this as one subforum so that new users could try and find an answer to their question, even if it wasn't posted for their specific app. I hope this makes sense!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Well, then I would suggest making a change for the "Affinity Support & Question" subsection.
Where, at least,  MANDATORY check boxes are displayed for "Start new topic", that indicates the application for which the question or comment is intended.
And then put the choice made in front of the title.
e.g. [APho], [ADes], [APub]
I think that this should be possible and does not require that much effort to realize it ... (I suppose)

On 6/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, Cecil said:

I do not own or use all Affinity products

Me neither. and I think we're not the only ones.

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi Cecil :)

Thanks for your suggestion, this has been put forward by members of our staff here also, as we've spilt the Feature Requests, Bugs and Beta forums up into Application and device type, however as the Questions section encompasses all of the app, and many of it's behaviours, settings etc are shared between the three apps, we decided to keep this as one subforum so that new users could try and find an answer to their question, even if it wasn't posted for their specific app. I hope this makes sense!

Appreciate any change that would narrow the search group and also selectively allow members to modified their notifications.  As is, one should just turn notifications off and just read all unread.

I think this totally made sense initially with fewer programs and users.  As Affinity increased applications, StudioLink  and users (two million), things change.  I do thank you and totally realize each change is based on usability based on international community and OS.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• Staff

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll make sure they're passed through to the relevant team :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!