You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Phantom New Version

I've downloaded and installed the latest Beta but each time I start it it insists there's a newer version.  Help/ About shows  v 1.7.0.384.  If I do the download again and try to run it I'm told that Affinity Designer is already running.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

1.7.1.404 (Beta) is the latest beta

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/89088-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-171404-rc2/

They have been changing pretty quickly in preparation for the Publisher launch

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

40 minutes ago, IanSG said:

That's the designer beta - I'm having problems with Publisher.

But ... you wrote:

5 hours ago, IanSG said:

If I do the download again and try to run it I'm told that Affinity Designer is already running.

The latest build of APub beta can be downloaded via the link in the following thread:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 6/17/2019 at 11:56 PM, Alfred said:

But ... you wrote:

On 6/17/2019 at 6:07 PM, IanSG said:

If I do the download again and try to run it I'm told that Affinity Designer is already running.

Oh crap!!  Mea culpa!  I meant Affinity Publisher of course.  Another thing I got wrong was not making it clear that I was re-downloading from the link provided by the update notification i.e. 1.7.0.384 was detecting that it was out of date and then providing a link to its own download page.   I've now installed 1.7.0.399 and all's well - many thanks for your help!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.