You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.2.0.25338)

I guess yesterday's first version of AP also wasn't saving files properly. I went to open yesterday's working file and it didn't save anything since the error I posted about earlier ~6.30pm, about not being able to read the file in last version of AD. This truly sucks! Lost a full days worth of work and I have to turn in the file today... not a happy camper  :angry:

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Check here:

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: None

Mac App Store: Not submitted

The purpose should be clear to everybody, and the status says it all.

Don't complain, use a common format for your files. I've heard there are - among others - PDF, EPS, TIFF 

BTW, for images I always favor TIFF. For some two decades now. It really works! fille-lol.gif

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light

Ok Captain Hindsight / Obvious, good advice... I'm not posting this to complain, but so other's don't run into this issue and loose valuable work and time...

Anyway, this is a strange bug triggered by the previous version of AD trying to read an APB file that was round-tripped via yesterday's FIRST AP beta. It seems the AP Beta was not able to save the file and it reported no issue either...

This functionality had worked fine for weeks until yesterday's AP beta.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Lokalisierung auf Deutsch ist fehlerhaft. Die Menuestruktur ist englisch, die Beschreibung der Tools ist auf Deutsch.

Die Darstellung der Bilder in Plug-Ins (Noiseware) erfolgt in Graustufen, die Nik Tools wollen neu registriert werden, was bei der aktuellen Version von Google nicht möglich ist. Dadurch kann ich die Plug-Ins nicht nutzen. Dies ist nun schon mehrfach von mir angemahnt worden. Bitte korrigieren sie diese Probleme. 

Dies ist eine Beta-Version.

Mahnen oder Anmahnen kann man bei nicht bezahlten Rechnungen oder wenn man einen rechtlichen Anspruch hat, aber bitte nicht hier. Ein Hinweis, Wunsch oder eine Fehlermeldung wäre angebrachter.

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light

Looks like the new version doesn't add exif info on JPEG export. Here are info for a same ".afphoto" file exported in the previous version:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-05-19 at 12.45.57.png

and in the current one:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-05-19 at 12.46.02.png

Yes. There is a problem in both saving and exporting  jpgs and tiffs. I assume the developers know about this and will address it in the near future.

I have been playing around with adding gps information to my raw images and APB is removing it (along with all of the rest of the exif info) so I am waiting until this is fixed before I start doing wholesale gps additions to my images.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.