Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I ran a very small batch job, less than 20 images. Twice. Crashed both times. After that I started recording some macros. 2 different macros. Crashed after I saved the second one. I can't tell what's triggering the crashes.

That never happened on 1.6, batch running 300+ images on the same system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arial_bold said:

I ran a very small batch job, less than 20 images. Twice. Crashed both times. After that I started recording some macros. 2 different macros. Crashed after I saved the second one. I can't tell what's triggering the crashes.

That never happened on 1.6, batch running 300+ images on the same system. 

A little update. I rebooted my Windows machine. No background apps running. I programmed a couple of macros. After a while, idle, Photo crashed. I  got the Crash report alert from Photo after the first crash. I did the Beta 1.7 and never had any crash problems. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Arial_bold,

Welcome to the forums :)

Towards the bottom left of the New Batch window there is a tickbox that says Parallel Processing. Please could you try unticking it and seeing if that gives you better performance?

Thanks

Callum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Arial_bold,

Welcome to the forums :)

Towards the bottom left of the New Batch window there is a tickbox that says Parallel Processing. Please could you try unticking it and seeing if that gives you better performance?

Thanks

Callum 

I've decided to re download the app and re install it. To my surprise I saw there was another update, .380, instead of my original .367. So far so good. No crash

It is too bad Affinity doesn't push for updates alert within the app. Is there an option for this to happen? Is there a page I need to bookmark to find out what's up? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for letting us know. This hotfix was to fix the issue of custom keyboard shortcuts being deleted it shouldn't have affected performance @Chris B are you aware of anything like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Callum said:

@Chris B are you aware of anything like this?

As far as I know, there was no specific fix to the batch processing in build .380. I will monitor this in case the OP raises the issue again and will move it to bugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 5:18 AM, Callum said:

Thank you for letting us know. This hotfix was to fix the issue of custom keyboard shortcuts being deleted it shouldn't have affected performance @Chris B are you aware of anything like this?

Follow up.

1.7.0.380 is 'stable'. Only had 2 crashes since my last post. Pushed 800+ files with 20 steps macros and it was fine. it is impossible to reproduce the crashes. I don't know if batch processing is been used a lot by Affinity users, but when you need to manage multiples macros, it is getting very tedious to reload macros over and over again when you start a new batch job. That's a separate problem I'll suggest in the appropriate sub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×