You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A Shortcut to move the active project between Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher

We can already set shortcuts to switch between different personas, and that works perfectly fine.

But the way your applications are designed makes it so that we sometimes have to switch between them for only a single step.

I think having the option to use shortcuts to move the file to AP/AD or APub  and then back would make the process smoother (I know we can already do it manually via the menu, but having a shortcut would makes your suite feel more like one big application/way more interlinked).

I'd greatly appreciate that :)..

and thanks for all your work, I really enjoy your apps!

PS: oh and this suggestions is for the Desktop versions

Hello @YA Gaudet and welcome to the forum.

As you say, the menu option already exists, and you can set your own keyboard shortcut if you desire…

Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Edit in Photo / Designer

658960242_AffinityEditinPhoto.png.1178b381d015b1a2dc5dd9967faa544c.png

You may also be interested that Publisher (due on 19th June) has Designer and Photo Personas embedded, which, if you own all 3 apps, will combine to make a giant robot one super app!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Hey @Aammppaa thank you!

Thats is nice to hear! Currently I have only AP and AD, so the shortcut does not display in my settings. 

Will the feature be available when running Designer/Photo or only when in Publisher?

If it will be available in all three apps that is exactly what I've been wanting :) 

The screenshot I posted was from Designer - so you should be able to set a shortcut to do what you ask already.

You can do likewise in Photo.

The extended functionality (all 3 apps in one) is (for now at least) an exclusive feature of Publisher.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

On 6/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, Aammppaa said:

The screenshot I posted was from Designer - so you should be able to set a shortcut to do what you ask already.

Unfortunately, in the Mac versions the 'edit in' item doesn't appear in the list of File menu item keyboard shortcuts:
1826471053_kbdoptions.jpg.487c53ea15df3f516a8c518b1926540f.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
9 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Unfortunately, in the Mac versions the 'edit in' item doesn't appear in the list of File menu item keyboard shortcuts:
1826471053_kbdoptions.jpg.487c53ea15df3f516a8c518b1926540f.jpg

I'm going look into this as I don't think that should be the case. I will report back once I have info! Although you've been on the forums long enough to know I have the memory of a goldfish so prod me if you don't hear anything in the next few days :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

8 minutes ago, Callum said:

I'm going look into this as I don't think that should be the case. I will report back once I have info!

While you are at it, maybe also look into that "Spread Setup..." item shown in my screenshot? Even after I changed it to ⌥⇧P so it would not conflict with the Document Setup shortcut, all it does on my iMac is cause a system beep, & I can't find anything about it in the built-in or online help topics about it.

17 minutes ago, Callum said:

Although you've been on the forums long enough to know I have the memory of a goldfish so prod me if you don't hear anything in the next few days :)

Hey, don't underestimate the memory of a goldfishxD

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
20 minutes ago, R C-R said:

While you are at it, maybe also look into that "Spread Setup..." item shown in my screenshot? Even after I changed it to ⌥⇧P so it would not conflict with the Document Setup shortcut, all it does on my iMac is cause a system beep, & I can't find anything about it in the built-in or online help topics about it.

Hey, don't underestimate the memory of a goldfishxD

This appears to be a shortcut for Publisher that has snuck its way in! Good catch!

1 minute ago, Callum said:

If you remove that shortcut and try the default one for document setup does it work?

The Document Setup shortcut works fine, even when the Spread Setup shortcut conflicted with it. Other than causing a system beep, the Spread Setup shortcut is simply ignored.

Affinity Photo 

• Staff
Just now, R C-R said:

The Document Setup shortcut works fine, even when the Spread Setup shortcut conflicted with it. Other than causing a system beep, the Spread Setup shortcut is simply ignored.

Sorry i edited my reply please see the new one :)

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Sorry i edited my reply please see the new one :)

Thanks. I just did that ... & I even resisted the urge to add a pun based on 'good catch' & 'goldfish' to the topic. :D

Affinity Photo 

On 6/10/2019 at 10:19 AM, Callum said:

I'm going look into this as I don't think that should be the case. I will report back once I have info! Although you've been on the forums long enough to know I have the memory of a goldfish so prod me if you don't hear anything in the next few days :)

I may be a little early in reminding you about this (& posting to the wrong forum as well), but I noticed that in the new 1.7.1.138 Affinity Photo beta, the 'edit in' item still does not appear in the shortcuts.

Affinity Photo 

• Staff
Just now, R C-R said:

I may be a little early in reminding you about this (& posting to the wrong forum as well), but I noticed that in the new 1.7.1.138 Affinity Photo beta, the 'edit in' item still does not appear in the shortcuts.

I have it logged but I'm still waiting for a response at this point in time, I'd imagine the developers have their plates full at the moment with the recent launch I will give them a poke if I don't hear anything soon.