You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remove default stroke?

I'm also having that issue occasionally, but more of the problem seems to be that when I have a stroke color set on an object, then remove the stroke color, it preserves the stroke. If the stroke is shown as transparent it should be actually removing the full stroke from the object.

Ah yes and that one. How could I have forgotten about it. I thought the text was bugged.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

• Staff

@00Ghz - I've never seen that before!?! Yes, that's a bug but I can't make it happen for me! :( Can you make it happen all the time or is it only certain objects? Could you possibly send me a file which I can copy from that shows the problem? (it only has to be a cut-down file) Anything you could send to support@seriflabs.com would be a great help, thanks :)

@smallreflection - Thanks for that, it's just a bug with text - it shouldn't be drawing the line at all if the fill is 'None'. I think that it is useful that the line weight, attributes and pressure are remembered on this object (or any object) though - for if you ever wanted to get them back by simply setting a new colour. Setting 'No Fill' didn't necessarily mean that I wanted to lose the settings I'd made for my line for the future. As long as they don't draw (which on everything apart from text they don't draw) then there is no harm and it can actually be helpful. I think?

@00Ghz - I've never seen that before!?! Yes, that's a bug but I can't make it happen for me! :( Can you make it happen all the time or is it only certain objects? Could you possibly send me a file which I can copy from that shows the problem? (it only has to be a cut-down file) Anything you could send to support@seriflabs.com would be a great help, thanks :)

@smallreflection - Thanks for that, it's just a bug with text - it shouldn't be drawing the line at all if the fill is 'None'. I think that it is useful that the line weight, attributes and pressure are remembered on this object (or any object) though - for if you ever wanted to get them back by simply setting a new colour. Setting 'No Fill' didn't necessarily mean that I wanted to lose the settings I'd made for my line for the future. As long as they don't draw (which on everything apart from text they don't draw) then there is no harm and it can actually be helpful. I think?

Well Matt, while it might be useful it has to be done in some other way. Current method is confusing both for fill and stroke. 

Sent files + another video.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

• Staff

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for that :)

If I select the screen shown in your first video it correctly shows a 'No Fill' stroke and when I hit Cmd+N to make a new document and paste this item into it, it still shows as a 'No Fill' stroke as expected.

When I select the cube shown in your second video to me, it shows correctly that a black fill is applied to the stroke and the stroke has no weight. This is the actual state that is applied to the object. You can see in your video at 36 seconds in that the colour controls are correctly reflecting this state in your video too. When it is pasted into a new document it still shows the black stroke as expected and no line weight as expected.

So both cases are still working for me. The first video you showed where the screen was selected and it had 'No Fill' stroke fill and then in the pasted version it showed a black fill is definitely wrong, but I cannot reproduce it - are you still able to reproduce that behaviour?

Thanks again,

Matt

@smallreflection - Thanks for that, it's just a bug with text - it shouldn't be drawing the line at all if the fill is 'None'.

Text underline and strike-through work like that by design. You can, for example, give black text a red underline, but if you don't specify an underline colour it uses the colour of the text. Usually this is what you want: if you change the text colour you want the underline colour to change with it. That's what "No colour" means in this context.

The same logic is being applied to the text's main stroke, and I guess it shouldn't be.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.