You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font size keypads in build 128

When I tap on the font size in the Text Studio I get a small keypad with seven presets (why not eight?) on the right, but when I tap on the font size in the on-screen keyboard that pops up when I choose either of the text tools I get a larger keypad with fifteen presets (why not sixteen?) on the right. The larger set of presets starts with 9, which is a wasted entry since it’s a single keypress on the main part of the keypad. Also, the ‘OK’ button is correctly aligned on the smaller keypad but misaligned on the larger one, as shown in the attachments.

Upon checking these issues in the 1.6 release build I see that it’s exactly the same, so perhaps this thread doesn’t belong in the beta forum, but I’d still like to see them fixed!

A8321DC3-70F7-41B9-87F2-4EC954974166.jpeg

6175A3AF-EBE1-4028-9EB7-53CD567B7771.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I'm not sure why there's an empty space for another value to be honest but I'll find out!

Thanks, Chris. Perhaps you could also find out why the Text Studio uses a keypad with fewer presets instead of using exactly the same one as the text tools do.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
Just now, Alfred said:

Thanks, Chris. Perhaps you could also find out why the Text Studio uses a keypad with fewer presets instead of using exactly the same one as the text tools do.

I've just discussed that with Sean. 

- I think maybe the gap is an aesthetic thing. 

- The number 9 on the right instantly applies it whereas the number 9 on the left acts more like a calculator where you can add multiple values.

To be honest, I think the main issue here is that they are using different keypads for reasons I'm not sure about.

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

- I think maybe the gap is an aesthetic thing.

*unaesthetic

FIFY!

Alfred spacer.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.