You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Win-Mac afphoto interability

I`m using AP both on Windows and Mac, always latest betas and it was ok until latest Mac beta.
Now file (afphoto) created in mac beta 122 gets immetiade crash in windows beta 293, when opened.
Tried several files (created in latest mac beta 122), same result. Once i get a message "file corrupted" without a crash - but in other cases AP Win-293 crashes when opening Max-122 afphoto file.
Files created with previous betas work as usual (no crash, opened normally in both Max/Win)

The Windows beta version has not been updated in the last month, while the Mac beta had several updates. They are probably out of synch, and the Windows beta is downlevel.

I think you'll need to wait for an update to it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The Windows beta version has not been updated in the last month, while the Mac beta had several updates. They are probably out of synch, and the Windows beta is downlevel.

I think you'll need to wait for an update to it.

you probably right, but any such changes was always marked as "file created in old version" message before, no crash, no cryptic "file corrupted" messages.
so this still may be a sign of missed/unwanted change. file format change should not just crash app, even beta, imho

2 hours ago, IPv6 said:

file format change should not just crash app, even beta, imho

That's definitely true.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.