You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash while working with assets and duplicate pages

Hi,

I'm not sure if this problem is actually published.

I stored a combination of Picture Frames as an asset:

image.png.2f68dd38d5b901a760909caeac3421a3.png

Everything is ok, when I ignore these assets or use these assets only on single pages and f.e. add additional pages to my document. And no difference between adding pages or duplicate pages.

The problem starts when I place the "4-boxes-asset" to the master page, and then try to duplicate pages in my document. Affinity Publisher crashes immediately!

I use Publisher Release 305.

Best regards

Martin

• Staff

Hi Martin,

I've reproduced it, it took me a bit of time to recreate the file you had in your video, it seems quite specific and was only happening for me when the pages were landscape.

I've logged this, thanks for reporting it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

Just so you know, the bug I logged isn't actually fixed in 312, after a bit of investigation the crash can relate to having a selection active whilst duplicating, so I suspect that's why you are no longer getting a crash.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see this crash again until we get a fix in!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon,

Unfortunately you are right! I don't know why the error didn't occur after the update. I did several tests, all without error. Today I have it again. Strange!

Ok, so I'm waiting again for a fix!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.