Hello Team !

Just wanted to know at some stage Affinity Photo will support Lens Profile for devices like iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, Huawei, Pixel and Mi by Xiaomi ?
IN fact, today there a lot of people are shooting with their mobile phone because it is what they own and like but those devices doesn't produce RAW file the same way big brand does but some will produce HEIC, JPEG and TIFF files.

I know you focus on Pro and Expert but will it be possible for small creators to also be taken in consideration ?

Blessings

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

I think the issue is more than the use of lensfun. As I understand it, Photo only applies lens corrections to RAW files being processed by the Develop Persona, so without a phone that produces a RAW file there would be no way to get Photo to use the lens profile, even if it's in the lensfun database.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

That's more an APh homemade usage limitation then, since the lensfun stuff itself could also be applied to bitmap images (the lenstool CPP API usage example demonstrates just this with a PNG). Meaning concrete here, that lensfun itself isn't usually restricted to be used just with RAW files.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ OSX El Capitan

8 hours ago, v_kyr said:

That's more an APh homemade usage limitation then, since the lensfun stuff itself could also be applied to bitmap images (the lenstool CPP API usage example demonstrates just this with a PNG). Meaning concrete here, that lensfun itself isn't usually restricted to be used just with RAW files.

Yes. I was merely pointing out that having the data in lensfun is not sufficient to satisfy the request.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta