Hi,

can someone give me some advice to find the settings for the dictionary for the spell checker. Is it possible to proof and edit the dictionary?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jens Kalski

Edit > Preferences > Tools

Very last line

"Additional dictionary folder:"

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

You can edit existing words or if you type in new words in the fields you can add them as well.

Or if spell checking marks existing words to be wrong which are not, you can right-click the word and mark as Learn.

dictionary.jpg

Yes, for autocorrecting you are right.

But, when I have accidentally marked a wrong word as correct and add it to the dictionary, where can I delete this definition? It's not in the autocorrecting-table.

2019-04-18 15_58_36-Affinity Publisher.png

4 hours ago, surveyor said:

But, when I have accidentally marked a wrong word as correct and add it to the dictionary, where can I delete this definition?

Good question. Learned words seem to be saved in some Publisher file that I haven't figured out yet.

I can't find any way to "unlearn" a word. (I might guess, though, that a full reset of the program by holding Ctrl while starting it might clear all the learned words.)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

The dictionary files that come with APub look like standard Hunspell files:

C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta\Resources\Dictionaries\

The User dictionary is here but it's not user editable:

C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\user\dictionary.propcol

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, walt.farrell said:

I can't find any way to "unlearn" a word.

Highlighting the word and right-clicking should give you the option to "Unlearn" it

spelling.png

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.