Hello,

I would like to distribute objects (stars) along a path and by the way resize them (getting progressively bigger or smaller). 

Here is the tutorial to do this in photoshop but how can I do it in Affinity designer ? 

--> https://youtu.be/VoRMDjvedAg

Thank you for your help !

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @md50. :)

We can’t distribute objects along a path yet. The best you can do at the moment is to find a font which includes the right kind of stars so that you can add them as text on a path; to resize them or adjust the spacing you could simply change the font size or the tracking value.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

OK thanks Alfred ! That's a good idea. To do it with a star, I should find the font ! ;) Thank you and I hope affinity will make that possible soon !

2 hours ago, md50 said:

I hope affinity will make that possible soon !

As you can see, it has been required for a long time.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367, Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367, Affinity Publisher Beta. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

@md50 You can also try out fx Xara Photo and Graphic Designer for £40 

On 4/14/2019 at 5:49 PM, md50 said:

Hello,

I would like to distribute objects (stars) along a path and by the way resize them (getting progressively bigger or smaller). 

Here is the tutorial to do this in photoshop but how can I do it in Affinity designer ? 

--> https://youtu.be/VoRMDjvedAg

Thank you for your help !

You can torture yourself with time consuming work arounds as life goes by or get help from fx Xara Designer:

Who wants to wait forever?