You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting Individual words or insering the cursor into existing text

I've just downloaded the latest Beta of Publisher, and am trialing it. I have used Pagemaker then Quark Xpress and then InDesign professionally since 1989, and was an official Beta tester for Aldus (the original developers of Freehand and Pagemaker) so have a strong knowledge of applications for the Mac over quite a number of years.

So far this application looks promising, though within 10 minutes of use I have found that I cannot select words or insert the cursor into a text box once it's been filled with text (I'm just using place-holder text at this stage.) Has anyone else come across this issue? Also is there a work around? I've tried using the boxed T tool and also the A tool, but neither will select anything less than the whole text story.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, LisaZ said:

within 10 minutes of use I have found that I cannot select words or insert the cursor into a text box once it's been filled with text (I'm just using place-holder text at this stage.)

Never having used place-holder text in Publisher, I have not seen what you are seeing.

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

2 hours ago, cubesquareredux said:

Never having used place-holder text in Publisher, I have not seen what you are seeing.

As @MEB has indicated, the installation default for filler/placeholder text is for it not to be editable. This allows the filler text to adjust automatically when you resize the text frame.

Edited by Alfred
Corrected typo

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

As @MEB has indicated, the installation default for filler/placeholder text is for it not to be editable. The allows the filler text to adjust automatically when you resize the text frame.

Yes, I was merely suggesting to LisaZ that if she were to work with normal text her problem would vanish.

But if I said it too cryptically, I'm glad you clarified.

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.