You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page Plus compatible?

• Staff

Hi Lou Guthrie,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
No, Affinity Publisher (and the other apps of the Affinity Suite) do not support PagePlus documents. We advise to continue using PagePlus for editing your existing documents (it won't stop working) or export them as PDF and import into Publisher (with some loss) if/when you can do the switch.

As a Serif user since 1989 I have regularly updated my PagePlus versions but this latest release will only be of any use to new customers. Your existing customer base will not switch if it is not provided with a conversion tool to import older files. The suggestion to export as a PDF from the old files is not a practical solution. I have hundreds of client files created with PagePlus9 or earlier that I can't afford to lose, but neither do I want to learn how to use another piece of software if it can only be used for new work. Remembering which program was used for which bit of work will become a nightmare over time. A crossover routine is a must for Affinity Designer to be a no-brainer upgrade. In trying to be modern don't isolate a multi million user base that has taken time to create.

• Staff

Hi aligriff,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Even if we provided an importer for PagePlus files at this point it wouldn't help that much because there's no feature parity between the two apps. You would end up losing features/attributes which cannot be translated to Publisher since they were not implemented yet/are not currently supported, leading to almost the same results as exporting as PDF from PagePlus and importing into Publisher.

19 minutes ago, aligriff said:

Correction to penultimate line in my previous post: I meant Affinity Publisher not Affinity Designer.

I presume you also meant PagePlus X9, not PagePlus 9 without the ‘X’. PPX9 is version 19, so PP9 is ten versions — and about fifteen years — older.

tip.gif You should see an ‘Edit’ link at the bottom of each of your posts in any thread which has not been locked.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 3/22/2019 at 9:06 AM, aligriff said:

this latest release will only be of any use to new customers

This is not a new release of PagePlus.

This is an entirely new product, so ALL of us are new customers, whether you previously used PagePlus or not.

No different than if you were switching from PagePlus to InDesign or QuarkXPress (I don't believe either of those will import PagePlus documents either).