You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash adding Photos (Dangerous2a)

Hi I just started with the latest version of AP

I made an A5 publication with 16 pages, and page 1 went OK.  On page 2&3 I set up a text box and filled it with Filler text on p2. Jumped to p6 &7 and added four picture boxes, which were half a page each. I then tried to add some pictures. After adding 2 on p6, as I was adding another to p7 it stopped re-sizing to fit the picture box and crashed. This has happened a couple of times now. I am running AP on windows 7 professional 64 bit.

By the way, although it’s obvious in this case that you’re using Affinity Publisher, it’s a good idea to get into the habit of abbreviating it as ‘APub’ or ‘APu’. There are many discussions where ‘AP’ refers to Affinity Photo.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, Sorry for the delay been away all weekend with very poor WiFi. Understand about the AP potential confusion.

APub seems to have settled down quite well after deleting and re-installing or maybe I am getting used to it. It does crash repeatedly but providing regular saves are done the pre-crash files seem to survive OK.

I did have a strange time with a block on the title page where I set the background of the text box to red. I returned to the box sometime later and could not type text over it, even after sending it to the back. Eventually I gave up on that and deleted the text box, added a red filled rectangle and fitted text over that. The odd thing is that I had a similar box at the bottom of the page which was filled red and had text on it. I did try copying this to the first box but still could not put any text in it.

Is there any possible full release date on the horizon yet do we know?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Andrew,

Apologies for the late reply, can you download the latest beta found here

If you still get the crash can you go to the following location (%AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\reports) after the crash and upload the contents of the folder, so we can look into this a bit further.

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.