You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

placing documents

• Staff

Hi Grapher,

I've just tried this myself and it seems to be working correctly. Is it a specific document that is crashing? Would you be able to attach one of the documents you are trying to place please?

Just tried placing a random PNG on a new document and AD crashed immediately. (No bug report window appeared, BTW). My session had one unsaved document and was opened for some hours now, maybe this helps on reproducing the issue.

• Staff
1 hour ago, rubs said:

Just tried placing a random PNG on a new document and AD crashed immediately. (No bug report window appeared, BTW). My session had one unsaved document and was opened for some hours now, maybe this helps on reproducing the issue.

I've tried this with a few PNGs and didn't get any crashes! Was this a one off crash, or does it always crash when trying to place that exact PNG? If so would you be able to zip up (so the forum doesn't interfere with the image) and attach that PNG please? Was it on a blank a document?

Hahahaha, I never use the Place command, just tried it out this once to test it out. I always use the clipboard or drop files in the work area. I'm pretty sure the PNG itself is not relevant (mind you, @grapher and I are continents apart and got the same result). My context: I was working in a large project for hours, opened a new document, added a couple of text objects to it (for another test) and then tried placing one of the PNGs in a folder full of wireframe layouts. Boom.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.