You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to create a "collage template" ?

Hello,

I am looking for a way to automate creating of a collage for product photography for several product items.
I would have a set of images for each product and I would like to place and resize them into predefined slots of the final collage then export it as a single tiff/jpeg (a rough example is attached).
Ideally, there would be a macro that would allow me to select the 5 files in specific order, resize, place in predefined slots on the canvas, apply some border effects and export.

I played with the macro functionality, but there does not seem to be a way to open new files or copy/paste from already open files in specific order into the main "template" document.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tomas

Mainplus4Etsy.jpg

hello tpolakov,

maybe you can use this as a template, it is not fully automated.

but all you have to de is dubble click on a image en in the context toolbar click on replace image.

bunny.afphoto

replace.jpg.1b8e3d0cac6a2bba97117d29ab4ca11a.jpg

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

• 3 years later...

I know this is old, but for others you can probably do something like this in Affinity Publisher making a template with Photo Frames. Then all you’d have to do is place your images inside the frames. The frames have controls that allow you to move/zoom the places image within the frame fairly quickly. The. You’d just export the document. 

Publisher also has some data merge options you may be able to use for automatic placement but I’ve not messed with this. It’s commonly used for place text and images for something like a catalog layout. 

4 hours ago, Aaron Crawford said:

I know this is old, but for others you can probably do something like this in Affinity Publisher making a template with Photo Frames. Then all you’d have to do is place your images inside the frames. The frames have controls that allow you to move/zoom the places image within the frame fairly quickly. The. You’d just export the document. 

Thanks - Affinity Publisher was what I actually used later on ;)