You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dark theme issues

I'm seeing a couple of issues with the dark theme. I'm running macOS Mojave. The problem was in the earlier beta and in the latest version as well, both Designer and Photo:

1. In Open and Save dialog boxes, the sidebar scrollbar is not dark.

2. With multiple tabs open, the line between the tabs is barely visible making it hard to distinguish between tabs. It should be made more noticeable.

Screenshots attached for both issues.

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.39.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.40.40 PM.png

• Staff

Hey Jeremy, 

The Save As dialog is also not black in Finder (when compared to the far right side scroll bar) but it is a bit lighter in Affinity. However, I can see what you mean regarding the multiple documents. On Windows, we separate them with an x which closes the document but on macOS these don't appear until you mouse near them. I prefer the Windows behaviour so I will pass it on for you—thank you!

8 hours ago, Chris B said:

on macOS these don't appear until you mouse near them

That is how the tabs in Safari work, guessing it was modeled after that - having said that, I consider that a misfeature of Safari, except when there are lots of tabs open, as having the "X" there constantly means that even less of the already-not-fitting title can be displayed...

• Staff
16 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Hey Chris. What do you mean the Save As dialog is not black in Finder. How do you Save As in Finder? I tried a few other apps and they didn't have the light scroll bar (Mail, Safari, Contacts...).

Oops, sorry—what I said makes no sense. This is what I meant:
1238572654_Screenshot2019-02-0608_16_36.thumb.png.88cccfcf729a7b5ca5e2bb43bc98e2cd.png

The slider in the general Finder window isn't as dark as the slider on the far right (I have no idea if this is deliberate or not).

More to the point, and to confirm your bug report—the slider in Affinity isn't as dark as the general Finder window. I logged it yesterday and dev said they can't see this in the next build so it may have already been fixed.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.