You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guide Manager Guides not related to Zeros on Rulers

Win 7, Publisher 1.7.0.277

I find placing guides via the guide manager impossible on a double-page spread because the guideline measurements do not relate to the zero marks on the rulers if the zeros have been offset from the top left-hand corner. This really bad when placing vertical guides relative to the vertical centre line in the middle of a two-page spread. A guide supposed to be +5" to the right of the centre line actually ends up 5" from the left-hand side of the left page, even though the x-zero mark on the ruler is in the dead centre of the double-page spread. In other words, it ends up -3.5" (i.e. to the left) from the centre line.

Zeros.docx

3 hours ago, Bhikkhu Pesala said:

Docx for image attachments? Please, get yourself a copy of FastStone Capture (version 5.3 freeware is adequate).

1127490207_AffinityPublisherGuidelines.png.11fdbcddba6f8333b26d5331abee377e.png

Quite right. I did a print screen for this (I usually snip images) and didn't have another way of saving it—now I do. Anyway, glad to know you can replicate the bug.

• It would be nice if centering the X-zero for a double page spread wasn't so tortuous and would hold for all added pages.

• Keep the current manual offset feature as well.

• Also, the Y-zero gets mired at the top of page 1 for some reason on a multi-page spread.

Publisher is a great program but I think the rulers, zeros and Guide Manager feature needs a complete rethink. 

S

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.