You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug - Liquify brushes

It happens really often, i use several times liquify (close/reopen) that the brushes/mousepointer get "invisible" on the canvas. Especially when change size/tempo... In this cases, the mousepointer gets only visible on the tools/menue... not at cnavas/workplace... Even close/reopen liquify will not solve this bug. Just reopen whole AP, but than after while, it happens again! (metall on).

And BTW: The performance of liquify is very different if i load a mesh (extrem fast) and create a macro with a similar macro (quite slow). On the other hand the macro is just less KB during the mesh is much MB, so it seemsit reproduces all "brushing" in the same time again as it take during the process, instead taking just the ready mesh?

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hi Polygonius,

I've tried to reproduce this for a good 30+ minutes, going in and out of Liquify Persona whilst making small and big adjustments and it just isn't happening for me. If it happens again, would you be able to record a short clip?

I've scoured the forum and can't find any other reference to this so it might be a new issue to 1.7 :( 

Hi Chris,

thanks and sorry for wasting so much time... its maybe my fault: It definitely happens if the brush-size is bigger than the current layer/file. Properties: Do not show brush-preview / show allways cross.  In this case there is no brush/pointer (neither cross, nor the brush-"frame") to see anymore if bigger than the layer/file. It re-apperas if the brush-size get smaller than the file/layer.

I´m not sure, i MEAN to remember, that last times this re-sizing not worked,  as said, but i´m not sure.  Maybe its just this "fault", but however the cross should always been visible, does not? 

BTW: It also happens with real brushes in the photo-persona, if the brush is bigger than the file. There is no cross not visible anymore if the brush is too big! 

BTW: this "do not show-previews" saves a lot of CPU by intensive painting and here it its a good choice. But when cloning i want/need to see what gets cloened. So it would be very nice, if i could take this "do not show preview" for really brushes,  but for most other tools i see a preview. Or speed-up / ressource-optimize this hectic-jumping if a brush uses rotation or other dynamics, and slow down so the cpu, that would be the best option ;-)

• Staff
2 hours ago, Polygonius said:

BTW: It also happens with real brushes in the photo-persona, if the brush is bigger than the file. There is no cross not visible anymore if the brush is too big! 

Ah this bit is by design. It's purely there to tell you that the brush is so big, you can't really expect any degree of accuracy on small documents.

2 hours ago, Polygonius said:

thanks and sorry for wasting so much time...

Don't worry—everything is worth investigating. Doesn't matter how long it takes...

8 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Ah this bit is by design. It's purely there to tell you that the brush is so big, you can't really expect any degree of accuracy on small documents.

Thanks Chris, but "nothing" does not TELL me something, just confuses me. In such cases an error-indicator-pointer like "!!!!" or something like that, or better a clearname-error "brush too big".... had save me such searching minutes and also public "wrong" reports.... There are some common traps in each app... (eg. in AP very common is the image/pixel...trap) Its by the dev/concepter/manual writer... to minimize them! 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.