uxdesignerwt

Before and After Photo Enhancement Practice

This is a photo enhancement tutorial that I found on Lynda.com.  I learned a lot from it. I am starting to get faster and put things together on how to get certain results.

Megan BA 2.jpg

It's nice!

Perhaps you should darken less her hair (it's softer in the 1st pic), and put less blue in her neck and blouse, to have softer light, since she looks soft.
Did you tried with your adjustments at only 70% or 50%? It can help choose how much effect is needed, and blend them more.

Honestly I like the left image, lovely smile, very genuine.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Her lipstick color is trying to match (actually remind, more than match) her hair color, in the original...  ;)  (and she  somehow looks like less of a redhead, some people might find it "less her", if so...Even if is very subtle)... other than that, great work....

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.