You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting a Text Frame on Master causes crash in .221

I had two linked text frames on a Master Page (four total on a double spread) and when I deleted one (tried to, it is still there in the recovered file) Publisher crashed. There were pages with that Master applied and all had text flowing in them.

Crash log Affinity Publisher Beta_2019-01-18-093742_Bruces-Mac-Pro.crash

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

57 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I deleted one (tried to, it is still there in the recovered file) Publisher crashed

I had a number of strange crashes soon after I began to use the new beta .211. I wanted to report some of them but then the crashes stopped. Very strange.

I can't reproduce your crash either.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

2 hours ago, Seneca said:

Okay, I'll try again and report back.

Part of me doesn't like trying to break things but the other bit does.

EDIT: Just tried again and it worked like I wanted it to. Just a one off occurrence.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 hours ago, Seneca said:

I had a number of strange crashes soon after I began to use the new beta .211. I wanted to report some of them but then the crashes stopped. Very strange.

This reminds me of another guy saying the new beta is more unstable than the last. :P;)

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.