You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparency Value for Text, different Value for Textbox

The reverse is also useful: Knocking out the text box using the text itself while retaining transparency parameters for both text and box, independently....

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

You can do this now in Publisher using the Text Frame studio, but that is missing in Designer so I don't see a way to do it there either.

Probably one of the most sensible places to put this would be the "Context" popup of the Fill tool.  Currently it has "Fill" and "Stroke" which control the selected text attributes, I am thinking that "Box Fill" and "Box Stroke" (or otherwise named) could be added when a text box is selected to control the properties of the text box?

In designer 1.7 beta you can create a shape with the opacity and stroke you want then convert that to Shape Text, retaining that opacity and stroke for the shape.

But it's not as flexible as Publisher as I don't think you can further adjust the opacity or stroke of the shape later on

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 hours ago, fde101 said:

Of course there is always the solution of leaving the text box transparent and simply placing it over top of a simple rectangle that can provide the semi-opaque background.

Unless you want transparent type knocking out through the box... then you'd have to get into compounds and booleans....

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.