Just now, Steps said:

How do you then crop a image proper to it's edge without snapping? Or so you always happen to crop all edges?

Maybe I've been lucky so far; I'm really only playing with Publisher at this point, not working on real-life projects.

But in general I expect to have a certain space for the image to fit, create a Picture Frame that size, and then Place the image into it and simply slide it around to compose. Or I might forgo the use of a frame and simply Place the image and click/drag it to the size I want on the page, at the location I want.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

Maybe I've been lucky so far; I'm really only playing with Publisher at this point, not working on real-life projects.

Ok, this makes sense.

On my first test I did not notice this and many other usability problems and bugs either, but on my real-life project it all came clear to me.

I  this case I want to crop as less as possible my image. I shoot all my images in an 3:2 ratio, but composition on some pages demanded that I switch to 4:3 or 1:1 ratio so they are less wide and better fit into the page. I don't want to loose pixels at the top or bottom here.

Proper cropping like this is right now very hard to do in Publisher. Sometimes it got really frustrating and I cropped the image outside Publisher in Photoshop rather than fiddling around with the Picture Frame.

But at least this Issue got a tag that devs will consider it and give a clear yes or no to this. This helps me to plan my future way of use.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia GTX 780
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404, Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404