You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What on earth is going on here? Edit Doc? sRGB assigned?

I created a sample test image in Photoshop, precisely at 400 PPI, 16 bit, Adobe RGB Profile, precisely A4.  I created a new document in publisher.  Assigned 400 DPI, 16 bit , Adobe RGB profile.A4.  I imported my test image as a PSD file (did not convert to TIFF).  I did a simple place command, fitted on to page and lo and behold went to resource manager to see the docuent was turned into sRGB.  That is surprise number one.  Surprise number two came when I noticed something new top left panel on screen shot.  An EDIT document next to replace document.  No idea so I clicked for fun to see what this new feature was.  Ugh?  It creates a new document side by side and calls it embedded, when the one next to it, while linked, is also labelled embedded, though it is linked (see first screen shot top left).  All this confusion really is about semantics as far as I am concerned.  What is this new document next to the one that I originally placed?  Is my linked or embedded it is clearly LINKED, so why the hell say EMBEDDED?  And why was the ICC colour profile changed at all?

Capture.thumb.PNG.1a36d2cc90ae65c531a2a156af79996c.PNGCapture1.PNG.e19495afd7f0641257dd72db55d31780.PNGCapture3.thumb.PNG.7591bc69fbe4d678ac5a27b83e6e6265.PNG

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

• Staff

Hi Chris26,
Linked/embedded files/images is still being worked on. We already have this logged and hope to continue improving it as development moves forward. I've added this thread to our current report for reference and bumped the issue but as said there's still some work to do here.

Regarding the colour profile issue I'm checking if I can replicate this here.

Ah, I see, ok then. 

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

I decided on the off chance to do a 'save as' in PS as a TIFF file.  Imported and ran the same routine into publisher.  Screen shot shows that publisher has retained the Adobe RGB colour profile.  Interesting?  (Oh and in case anyone notices that I labelled a landscape as a portrait, that is for a very good reason, so you can stop laughing now):)

Capture.thumb.PNG.7b26da7b2640e2b0361b1325dc379ec0.PNG

Another Issue

Just as  I thought I had a work-around !  I go to print the TIFF file instead and the screen shot now shows that the document profile is in s'RGB.  Are both these factors an issue for the Bug List, or is there something I am missing ?

Capture.PNG.53e1f3d0f8cc3835f8d141513e90dd01.PNG

Edited by Chris26
Second Issue noticed upon goin to print

Last screen.... Could it be that it defaults to sRGB as in the default setting of that  form field, but is not really reading the info from the file neither the file having lost its color profile info (wild guess, I have no idea. I'd cancel that window there, check then if the file is yet Adobe RGB or whatever it was/had to be.).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

3 hours ago, SrPx said:

Last screen.... Could it be that it defaults to sRGB as in the default setting of that  form field, but is not really reading the info from the file neither the file having lost its color profile info (wild guess, I have no idea. I'd cancel that window there, check then if the file is yet Adobe RGB or whatever it was/had to be.).

Hallo SRPX, I already double checked the file and it has its Adobe rgb profile still intact.  This issue has been logged with the relevant people so therefore it must be an internal situation.  I actually ran some tests this morning.  Brought in the same image after having converted it to 8 bit and sRGB, still as a tiff, printed it and was flabbagasted at the difference.  The 8 bit sRGB was much sharper, the colour was a little more saturated and the shadow highlights were very much wider.  Theoretically this should not have been, same paper, same settings, same rendering intent, only the profile and the 16 to 8  bit was altered.  So that's all Iknow.   Still, this a beta version, no complaints.