Hi all. If I convert a file from RAW in Photo then use a plugin filter (NIK, Topaz etc) any crop I have added is lost. Even if I convert then crop in Photo the crop is still reset to the original proportions in the filter. See the screenshots for examples cos it's kinda hard to write about while listening to Pretty Fly (for a white guy) loud!

Do others see this?

PhilRose  0299.jpg

PhilRose  0300.jpg

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

I'm actually on a Mac and not Win version of these, here the NIK plugin filters will take over/show up the full initial image (as if it hasn't been cropped) but as far as you apply the NIK filter (press Ok) it will be applied to the cropped size in APh. - So the plugin filters seem to get the whole image hand over from APh, but in return APh does adapt the made plugin settings then over to the cropped image layer. At least under MacOS here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Try rasterizing (Layer > Rasterize) after the crop and before calling Nik.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Ah, you know what? The Rasterize trick works in AFPhoto but NOT in the 1.7 Beta. How weird. I should get that info to Serif. Anyone else with the Beta confirm what I'm seeing?

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

8 minutes ago, Phil_rose said:

Ah, you know what? The Rasterize trick works in AFPhoto but NOT in the 1.7 Beta. How weird. I should get that info to Serif. Anyone else with the Beta confirm what I'm seeing?

Does it work in the beta if you set the "Crop method" in the Context toolbar to "Resample and crop" rather than "Non-destructive"?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

Ah! That works but I was hoping to crop as I am developing the raw file and I only have that choice in the main program.

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Well, perhaps you could finish developing and then crop in the Photo persona without changing the size of the crop box :)
But I would think that rasterizing would also work.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Well, perhaps you could finish developing and then crop in the Photo persona without changing the size of the crop box :)
But I would think that rasterizing would also work.

Rasterizing works but NOT in the beta for 1.7. Anyway, it's not a big problem for me personally as I always use Exposure X3 to process raws anyway but it might affect others more.

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x