You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes Studio bug

Do you set your brush settings by double clicking on a brush on the brush library, and setting the settings as you want them to be and stay, or do you access those settings by clicking the "more" button at the top menu bar? Doing the former is how I make it retain the values for each brush.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

25 minutes ago, SrPx said:

Do you set your brush settings by double clicking on a brush on the brush library, and setting the settings as you want them to be and stay, or do you access those settings by clicking the "more" button at the top menu bar? Doing the former is how I make it retain the values for each brush.

Thanks for your reply.

What i meant is as follows:
1. Draw a line.
2. Assign a brush #1 to it.
3. Tune up it’s stroke weight (doesn’t matter through which menu).
4. Apply to this line brush #2.
5. All previous weight tuning is gone!
That is a problem, which is not available in Adobe Illustrator.

I know alot of people are having this problem but ive tried everything they said ive tried restarting my computer,ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling clip studio,deleting all the brushes and downloading them again, ive tried getting the brushes online and it doesnt work.it used to be my default brushes then i tried that inital boot thing and it just transferred the problem to my downloaded brushes. the brushes are circles and or just thick lines with no shape or texture. i have a windows 10 computer and i use a moniter tablet i have the latest versions of clip.

14 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

What tool do you use for this?

Hi, Gabe.
I draw a line with a Brush tool.
Then i keep it selected by means of a Move tool.
Then i change it’s stroke width to my liking.
After this I apply to that path a new brush from the Brushes Studio, which ruins my previous stroke weight adjustment.

Try to perform the same actions in Illustrator and you'll see the difference, (provided you applied the same brush type - scatter, art and so on).

1 hour ago, GabrielM said:

This is perfectly expected, as each brush from the menu has got a set stroke.

But that is not what designers and artists expect. And aging Adobe Illustrator knows that and does it as we expect it. Why wouldn’t Affinity take the best from it?