You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

black overlays on pictures

• 1 month later...

Same here, I had this happen when I added a blur to an overlaid photo. Strangely the X shows even on transparent areas, blurred. Other layer effects seem to summon the X, too.

Liking the beta, by the way. 20+ years in graphic design and the transfer seems very smooth and I enjoy finding the smart stuff you'se done better than the boys in the big house.

KY uudistus 2018 v1 kansi v1.pdf

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

Liking the beta, by the way. 20+ years in graphic design and the transfer seems very smooth and I enjoy finding the smart stuff you'se done better than the boys in the big house.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @larikoo. :)

In order to avoid attracting the attention of spammers, please consider changing your username to something other than an email address. To change it, go to your Account Settings page and click on the ‘Display Name’ link.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Figured the issue out meself. The blur was instilled on the frame layer, not the photo, which caused the frame's X-box (which is just an interface element) to be blurred too, and it transfered all the way to PDF exports, which of course wouldn't happen in a perfect world ;)

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @larikoo. :)

In order to avoid attracting the attention of spammers, please consider changing your username to something other than an email address. To change it, go to your Account Settings page and click on the ‘Display Name’ link.

Good catch, thanks mate.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.