You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am used to InDesign Master Pages so either I am missing something or this is a bug.  Image 1 APub attached.  Image 2 is how it shows in InDesign. 

My spread is of 2 pages 11x18.5 inches. I have an A and B master page for each of the two normal pages. It looks as thought APub handles the spread as one single page yet it is double the size. What have I done wrong? InDesign handles this intuitively and I don't think ever had a two page spread as one page in master.

2. Also note I cannot 'efficiently' have my B master page show beside the A page. To save pallet space. 

3. Also why does my page show as page 1 when I have 2 pages (spread), in pages pallet?  And the master pages assigned to the page are also nicely displayed on the InDesign pages. 

Using version .145

Image 1 APub attached.  Image 2 is how it shows in InDesign.

APub

Untitled.png.e1ab822fbb937ff369dadda4f70a7753.png

InDesign

1101535722_Untitled2.png.7764b9ffae95415d16ad1c889f559da6.png

It would be helpful to see a screenshot of the New Document dialog as you're creating this, and possibly a screenshot of the Spread Properties. Also a sample .afpub file. And more explanation of whether you're trying to have:

1. 2 single pages (and the size of each individual page); or
  2. a 2-page spread with facing pages.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Walt: The document is already made and a bit of work has went into it. If I need to change the 'mistakes' I have made in creating it, that would be my question. 

The problem started when I wanted my two 11x18.5 pages beside each other, not one above the other. Both in the page pallet and on the actually working page. So you are probably correct in that I must have created or at least changed what I wanted after creating the document.  I find no problems with this in InDesign. 

VonBusing: I have looked in the define spread master or page masters and it looks as though I've defined them both as page masters. As for the pallet and having the them all fill the pallet horizontally that is still a concern.  Also the master page now has bounced back to not showing all of the master pages in the pallet when at the same time the pages pallet has lots of blank space. I did fix this last time but now cannot find a way to make all of the master pages show in the pallet.  The 'drag the pallet size' is far to picky and not moving the pallet at all. Perhaps because the page pallet has all the open space it needs.  As for InDesign.  It just works in everything I've explained here.  I guess you have to try it yourself and see. 

1. 2 pages same size - the key is wanting to display them side by side. In InDesign I have them set as 'non-facing' pages yet I am able to drag them together to with an option of 'Allow selected spread to shuffle".  At least I think this is how I made it work. It's so long ago. 

2. Add an A and then a B master page.  A master for page 1 and B master for page 2. 

Seems like a simple thing yet as you see by my screenshots the master pages are showing 2 pages as master A and one for master B.  Which of course makes me think I have really screwed it up. haha. So how to fix it without starting over? I cannot find a way. 

thanks!!

Okay, a bit of fiddling here. I deleted the double master page and created a single. Copy and pasted the content. Now the B master is above the A master and Indesign lets you shuffle these. So I suggest this feature please.  As you can see below the pallet does not allow you to show the hidden master pages (second row) unless you close the page pallets. Which has a lot of empty room.  Trying to move this up to save space is not possible. Also grabbing the bottom is pretty picky. Which shows the two arrows and lines icon. 

486077119_Untitled3.png.18f20339e901a03f6953aef767f9eaaa.png610821001_Untitled4.png.1ce2c278d85638f3b5168e160293081f.png

On the other hand Indesign lets you drag pages and master pages plus lets you size the whole pallet down like this. There is a LOT of screen space being saved here which I'm sure everyone enjoys and even demands. 

2001337632_Untitled5.png.3cb32f91c5248428adba96cd541df72d.png

Hi BLKay

The small icons act like a list so if you change them to medium they will appear side by side if the pages panel has the space

The ability to change master pages is more organisational than anything but not a bad idea

I'm not really sure what happened in terms of having the single/double spreads without seeing how the file was created I'm afraid

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.