You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher "not responding" - .139

I no doubt did something unexpected (selected "Autofit to Row Contents" from the Table menu - perhaps I had selected a cell with nothing in it).  I had made a table and was trying to populate it with simple text (the multiple lines in the text populated one cell with line breaks  even though multiple cells were selected  - I imagine there is a way to do populate multiple cells from an external file).  Regardless, doing the "Autofit" the document window went blank and Publisher went into some kind of loop (about 8% of CPU) and didn't come out until I ended the task after a few minutes.  It didn't seem to be growing in memory use and 8% on a 4 CPU (8) doesn't look like a hard loop.

I've tried to reproduce but to this point no such luck.

• Staff

Hey willernest,

I managed to reproduce this by repeatedly choosing the AutoFit options on the right-click menu. I just need to turn it into a recipe for the developers. It seemed to happen when my table became narrow. 

Thanks for steering me in the right direction :) 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.