You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What Ever Happened to "Clear?"

Referring again to my newspaper article project: Jim Hayes' video on replacing backgrounds is still to my knowledge on Youtube. He used Invert and then Clear, among other steps when dealing with a monochromatic background. Is there any reason Affinity got rid of Clear? Barring any charity on the part of the user who showed a perfect example of what I need, but without any instruction on how to achieve it, I thought to use Jim's old video. But "CLEAR" is gone from Affinity. Is there any reason why? Thank you.

On 9/20/2018 at 8:51 AM, Medical Officer Bones said:

Or use the Erase White Paper option in the Filters/Colors menu to quickly remove the white background (second video).

For some reason, I didn't receive a Notification about this response. Flood Select and Delete most like requires using the Magic Wand (?), whose successful deployment I find too time-consuming and often inexact. I didn't even know an Erase White Paper option existed until I saw it here in your post. Are these videos the Vimeo tutorials?

Thank you.